Washington D.C. Day Trip from Manhattan by Helicopter
The Capital of the United States of America is not only the home to the President's but also to renowned museums, monuments and memorials, eclectic neighborhoods and true local flavor. Helicopter charters are a convenient and safe alternative to the 5-hour drive, especially if you are looking to make the most of your time.
Your private helicopter will conveniently depart from your preferred Manhattan heliport and land at Dulles Airport, only a short drive from the most popular attractions.
Upon arrival in Washington D.C. you will have up to 4-5 hours to explore, visit historic sites and have lunch while your helicopter waits. After 4-5 hours you will return to the airport and conclude the day with a smooth helicopter flight back to Manhattan and quick skyline tour before landing.
Flight time approximately 90 minutes each way. Meal and attraction costs and ground transportation costs in Washington D.C. are not included in the price of this experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Roundtrip Helicopter Charter
What's excluded :
- Cost of Meals, Ground Transportation, Activities in Washington D.C.
- After Hours Surcharges (applicable 19:00-07:00 on weekdays / 19:00-11:00 on weekends)
- Holiday Surcharges (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Passengers board their private helicopter at their preferred Manhattan heliport and fly directly to
Washington D.C. and back after 4-5 hours. Flight time approximately 1 hour 45 minutes each way.
Departure Point :1: West 30th St Heliport, NY-9A, New York, NY 10011, USA
2: TSS Heliport, E 34th St, New York, NY 10016, USA
3: 6 E River Greenway, Bikeway, NY 10004, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Maximum weight 250 lbs per passenger, also subject to combined weight limits per helicopter: 500 lbs (226 kg) in 3-passenger R44 helicopter and 1,000 lbs (453 kg) in 5-passenger Airbus helicopters.
- Maximum passenger height in 3-passenger R44 helicopter is 6 ft 3 in (192 cm).
- Due to limited storage space available on board the amount of luggage helicopters can transport will be affected by the number and weight of passengers. We are happy to arrange for excess luggage to be transported by car, if necessary (additional fee applies).
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult or have parental consent.
- Children under 2 years old fly at no cost if they can safely fit on parent's lap.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions and helicopter maintenance; if canceled due to these reasons, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.