Wasabi Farm Discovery - Private Tour
Have ever seen real Wasabi? Discover the Japan’s largest Wasabi Farm!
Like a little spice?
The Wasabi farm is a popular tourist friendly destination and is comprised of many large fields with a meticulously maintained network of small streams that constantly provides each wasabi plant with pure clean water.
Wasabi is an essential element in Japanese cooking, but a lot of people, even many Japanese, are not aware of where it comes from. Take a stroll through the Wasabi fields and discover all the secrets of the Wasabi!
We recommend you try some of the many different Wasabi-flavored products during your visit, such as Wasabi ice cream, Wasabi beer, Wasabi sausages or even a Wasabi burger!
Our tour is the easiest way to visit the Wasabi farm!
Tour available in English and French/
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English or French speaking Private Guide
- Transportation fees to and from the wasabi farm/meeting place for you and your guide
- Entry/Admission – Wasabi Farm
- Entry/Admission - Daio Wasabi Farm
What's excluded :
- Miscellaneous fees for you during the activity (meals, snacks, souvenirs etc.)
- Insurance (Travel Insurance, Private Insurance, etc...)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Daio Wasabi Farm, 3640 Hotaka, Azumino 399-8303 Nagano Prefecture
The base of the Japanese Alps is home to several Wasabi farms, from the small plots nestled among the multitude of rice fields to Japan’s largest Wasabi farm. Thanks to the fabulous natural environment of the region, a journey into this Japanese countryside is a unique experience not to be missed!
Wasabi is an essential element in Japanese cuisine and is particularly renowned as an accompaniment to Japanese sushi. A visit to a wasabi farm is a world of discovery in all the secrets of this famously zesty ingredient.
Please note that the round trip from/to Matsumoto and the Wasabi Farm takes approximately 30 minutes subject to traffic conditions
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Hotaka Station, Hotaka, Azumino, Nagano 399-8303, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
You will start at Matsumoto Station, Hotaka Station or you can also get picked up at your hotel or at any other location within downtown Matsumoto area. The pick-up details will be arranged a few days before the activity by e-mail
Return Detail :Matsumoto Station, 1 Chome-1 Fukashi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390-0815, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.