Warsaw Food Tour small group tour by retro minibus
Taste the best of Polish cuisine in Warsaw, experience our culture and get to know the history of Poland linked to its food on this 4 hours off the beaten tourist path food tour. With the help of our retro minibus, our foodie-guide will take you to much more exciting and tasty places than typical walking food tours do. You will experience our best farmer’s bazaar, traditional pastry shop, local restaurant and pub. You will get to taste our cold meats, fish, pickled treats, cheese, dumplings, soups, bread, and dessert. This tour is not just an education in Polish cuisine, but a chance to really understand Warsaw’s social history and Polish people. You will be picked up from your hotel by our guide driving unique communist made minibus. Travelling with this exceptional vehicle you will be able to experience much more than during the walking tour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by retro minibus
- Foodie - guide
- Polish doughnut
- Daily selection of snacks at bazaar - drinks, pickles, cold meats, cheese, bread, sour cabbage, fish
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks above specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Krochmalna, Warszawa, Poland
The first stop will be a little pastry shop located in an old tenement house where you will be served a Polish traditional donut, called pączek [‘pounchek]. If Homer Simpson was a real person he would've dropped an American doughnut in favour of a Polish one because it's 4oz piece of heaven filled with yummy jelly or jam. Mmmm, doughnuts... Roughly 400 calories each!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hala Mirowska, ul. plac Mirowski 1, Warsaw 00-138 Poland
Hala Mirowska is a traditional market, packed with stalls and worth visiting for the best food that can't be found in popular supermarkets. You will taste Polish specialities like Polish sausage, pickled cucumbers and cabbage, smoked fish, lovely Polish bread and a traditional soft drink. This list may vary day to day, since products availability may change due to the season. You will have to squeeze with the locals and wait in lines to get your bits. That is why our tour is unique – it takes you to the places where no other tour agency would take you to.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Warsaw Poland
Next stop will be at a local restaurant which serves delicious Polish soups – you have to try one called żurek [zhurek]. It is made according to one of the oldest recipes known in Poland. Second sup (daily choice), will be served too.
The second delicacy at Warsaw Old Town is a mug of mead - the oldest alcohol made in this part of Europe.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Praga Polnoc, ul.Zabkowska, Warsaw Poland
While visiting our country there is at least one more must-eat thing: Polish dumplings. To get the best pierogi in Warsaw one has to drive across the Vistula river and experience Praga district. Our guide will take you to the local brasserie where you will taste, in our opinion, the best dumplings in the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Brzeska, Warszawa, Poland
For decades Brzeska street was not a friendly place, gently speaking. It became famous for the illegal production of alcohol and all kinds of businesses related to the black market.
Today the transformation of the street is progressing, new apartment buildings are under construction, but you can still find the best vodka in the city! Nowadays it is legal, off course.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is available only for persons taller than 150 cm (4,9 ft).
- You must contact Tour Operator before booking the tour to make sure is the tour appropriate to you if you have food intolerance, allergies or other health issues.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Retro minibuses are not equipped with air conditioning, they are equipped with an efficient heating system for wintertime.
- Some of the retro minibuses are not equipped with seatbelts (which is legal with classic vintage cars).
- Vegetarian option is available, tour supplier must be informed about this requests at least 24 hours before the tour.
- Vegan and non-gluten options are not available.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for travelers indoors and in the car
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.