War History Tour Of Old Delhi
Visit the important monuments of Old Delhi that have a link with the colonial past of India. Go to Kashmere Gate that was once the starting point of a road to Kashmir. Also visit St. James’s Church and take a look at the Old Post Office building that was built by the British. End your tour with a visit to one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world.
• Kashmere Gate
• St. James’ Church, an Anglican Church
• Old Post Office
• The haunted Lothian Cemetery
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Kashmere Gate Monument
- Entry/Admission - St. James' Church
- Entry/Admission - Old Post Office Building
- Entry/Admission - Lothian Cemetery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kashmere Gate Monument, Opposite ISBT.Kashmiri gate, New Delhi 110006 India
You will be picked up from fixed point / hotel leave for sightseeing.
Kashmere Gate is a major landmark of Old Delhi. The Gate has been witness to the Indian Mutiny against the British in 1857. The British used the gate to prevent the Indian mutineers from entering the city. You can still see signs of the struggle in the damaged walls of the gate. Built by the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan, the gate is so named because it was the starting point of a road leading to Kashmir.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. James' Church, Lothian Road, Kashmiri Gate India
It is an Anglican Church that was built in 1836 by Colonel James Skinner. It served as a church for the British Viceroys for over 100 years. It was a focal point in the Mutiny of 1857 against the British. Viewed as a symbol of the British establishment in Delhi, it was targeted by the rebel Indian troops. The Reverend Jennings, Chaplain of the church was captured and killed in the Red Fort.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Old Post Office Building, 1075/1, Old Post Office St, Ward Number 1, Mehrauli Village, Mehrauli, New Delhi, Delhi 110030, India
Then stop at the majestic building of the Old Post office built in mid-19th century by the British. The building is still functioning as a Post Office. It is strategically located near the Old Delhi Railway Station, which is where the post arrived from the rest of the country.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lothian Cemetery, Netaji Subhash Marg, Priyadarshini Colony, Kashmere Gate, Priyadarshini Colony, Old Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
The last stop on the tour is Lothian Cemetery. Built in 1808, it is the oldest cemetery of Delhi. It contains the mortal remains of British soldiers killed in combat as well as other Britishers who died in a cholera epidemic. It is one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in DelhiAirports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Name and gender as on passport, passport number, expiry date and country of issuance are required at time of booking. Please carry the passport on the day of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.