Waqra Pukara Trek 1 Day - Huaynas Expeditions
The Waqra Pukara trek is one of the new alternatives of a full day hike in Cusco, ideal for people who love walking and adventurous, it is also considered a good alternative of a training for people who have not yet done the Inca Trail or Salkantay Trek.
Waqra Pukara could have been the fortress, sanctuary, astronomical observatory ?. These are the interpretations for this enigmatic monument of classical Inca architecture that stands at 4, 300 meters above sea level. In the abysses of the Apurímac River canyon south of the City of Cusco.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pre trek Briefing (briefing at the hotel).
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of departure.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee to Waqra Pukara.
- English / Quechua / Spanish professional guide speak.
- Second Tour Guide over 12 people.
- Local food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch) prepared by a restaurant.
- Vegetarian and free gluten food for no extra cost.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
What's excluded :
- Extra expenses.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please).
- Waking sticks (it can be rented from us US$ 20 for the entire trip).
- Tips (optinal).
- Entry/Admission - Complejo Arqueologico Waqrapukara "Acos"
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Complejo Arqueologico Waqrapukara "Acos", 08000, Cusco 08000, Peru
The tour begins with the pick up from the hotel at 5:00 am and then we head south to Chuquicahuana where I will take the route to Acomayo during this journey we will appreciate the Pomacanchi lagoon where we will have a small stop.
Continuing with the tour we will arrive at Sangarara where we will have a breakfast, and then continue to the community of La Rinconada where we will begin the walk to Waqrapukara.
During this walk we will be able to appreciate a large amount of flora and fauna typical of the area until we reach our destination Waqrapukara, where we will have a guided tour visiting the following places: Intipunku ("Puerta del Sol"), main square, Torreones, terraces, enclosure of Wiracocha and cave paintings depicting llamas.
After the visit to Waqrapukara we will begin with the return to Sangarara where we will have lunch and there will be mobility for our return to Cusco.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We come and pick you up from your hotel in Cusco
Departure Time :3:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.