Waqra Pukara (Day Trip)
Waqrapukara – a lesser-known Incan sanctuary is gaining popularity as a hidden treasure among travellers seeking an alternative trekking and camping adventure. This newly discovered and impressive Incan archeological complex is located more remotely than the renowned monuments like Pisaq and Sacsayhuaman.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Transport – Cusco – Rinconda and back
- Entrance Ticket
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Entry/Admission - Complejo Arqueologico Waqrapukara
What's excluded :
- Breakfast and Dinner
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Complejo Arqueologico Waqrapukara, Costanera 1, 08545 Peru
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic center of Cusco at 03:30 AM. If you are not staying within the historic center, we will co-ordinate with you a meeting point and you will be picked up from there.
After picking up all travelers, we will start cruising south towards Sangarara, a town just off the Waqrapukara site. On the way, we will stop at Pomacanchi lagoon. Pomacanchi lagoon presents tranquil bluish-green water and is the best place to practice water sports such as rafting and kayaking. Birdwatchers can also have a great time here admiring different birds such as ducks, coots, herons, gulls, Andean flamingos, pariguanas as well as ccopos, tactacas, churchus, mayoalccos, pillcuycos, ajoyas and choqas.
Once in Sangarara we will stop for breakfast before continuing the trip to Rinconada community from where we will start our hike to Waqrapukara. During the hike, you will be passing through regions rich with flora and fauna those are typical in the region.
At Waqrapukara, you will have a guided tour of Intipunku (the door of the sun), the main square, towers, andenería, Wiracocha enclosure and cave paintings with the representation of flames. After the tour, you will start your hike back to Sangarara where we will stop for lunch before continuing our return journey to Cusco.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking you up from your hotel within the historic centre of Cusco
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.