Walking Tour Pico da Vara
This 7 km trail begins and ends in the parish of Algarvia, at 700 meters of altitude. After rising about 1 km through a forest of Cryptomerias, the landscape changes to a scenario with endemic species and ground vegetation.The trail rises until it reaches the highest point on the island of São Miguel, Pico da Vara, at 1105 m above sea level, where you have an amazing view over almost the whole island. The return to the starting point is done with the descent of the same track, being a bit slippery during the winter. On the return to Ponta Delgada, passing by the northern coast of the island, still time to stop at the oldest tea factory of São Miguel, Gorreana tea factory for a tea tasting and passing by the city of Ribeira Grande, the only city on the north side of the island, before crossing back to south coast, through the narrower part of the island, with just 8 km. After a brief drive in the south coast, the activity ends with the arrival in Ponta Delgada.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Algarvia, Algarvia, Sao Miguel, Azores
Starting the walking tour, you will pass through "Algarvia", one small perish of Nordeste.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plantacoes de Cha Gorreana, Sao Miguel 9625-304 Portugal
One of the last stops is at "Plantações Chá da Gorreana", here you will be able to try-out the tea and buy it for yourself.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Picos de Aventura - Animação e Lazer, Marina Pêro De Teive Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral, 9500-771 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Full information here: shorturl.at/cnx49
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.