Walking in the historic center of Athens
Because the past of Athens is not just the ancient Greek civilization, come and walk with us in the alleys of the oldest neighbourhood of the world and the surrounding historic centre.
A unit that can well be described as an open museum of a well-known city whose exhibits form an incredible unity, displaying all the historical periods of Athens after antiquity.
Early Christian relics, Middle Byzantine churches from the 11th and 12th centuries, Ottoman towers, old mansions such as the oldest surviving dwelling of the city with its original 16th century core, its Ottoman mosque 17th century, a small island settlement in Plaka, ancient streets and hidden corners of other times full of colors are some of the exhibits of this museum that we will meet as we explore its topography historic centre and its past.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Museum entrance
- • Very knowledgeable and Experienced English-speaking tour guide
What's excluded :
- anything not mentioned in previous field
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
The bourgeois secular architecture of the last centuries, as well as unique examples of religious architecture, Byzantine, post-Byzantine and Ottoman dated to even older times.
Departure Point :Church of Virgin Mary Gorgoepekoos and Saint Eleutherius (12th c.), Plateía Mitropóleos 8, Athina 105 56, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Syntagma Square, Plateia Syntagmatos, Athina, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.