Walking Historical Tour of Biarritz
Come walk the famous Biarritz Grande Plage, La Rocher de la Vierge and La Côte des Basques with us and discover Biarritz’s rich history, beautiful coast line and eclectic architecture. Forever branded by the passage of Napoleon III and the famous Eugenie, Biarritz has always been one of France’s most welcoming towns. Get an insight into the different lives experienced in Biarritz, from the humble life of the whalers to the extravagant lives of the wealthy aristocrats. Take the opportunity to go inside the ornate hotel du Palais, built in 1855, stroll along the grande plage and see the waves that surfers come from all over the world to surf.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- A prime destination forever branded by the passage of Napoleon III and the famous Eugenie, Biarritz has always been one of France’s most welcoming towns. A century ago, thanks to the Empress Eugenie, the little whaling town became a fashionable summer resort that, through the years, has stayed open to the outside world without ever losing its identity.
From the blue domed Russian Orthodox Church, constructed in the 19th century for visiting Russian aristocrats, to the St. Eugenie’s Church by the old harbour discover the city’s landmarks, which capture the architectural metamorphosis at the turn of the 20th century. This private guided tour will also take you to the most beautiful sights of the “Pearl of the Basque coast” like the Virgin Rock where you can see the whole Basque coast and Spain in the distance. To finish we’ll stop at the Food market for a cup of coffee to really appreciate its particular atmosphere.
Departure Point :In front of the "Hotel du palais" gates
Departure Time :10:30am
Return Detail :"Port vieux" beach
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.