Walking Food Tour in the Old Town of Bucharest
Delve into the culinary culture of Bucharest during a 4-hour walking tour in the Romanian’s capital while tasting the real Romanian "Placinta". Enjoy a wine and cheese tasting on one of the best wine bar in the Old Town and end your tour with traditional Romanian food such as "mici", "bean soup" and "papanasi".
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (others than the ones from the Wine tasting)
- Delve into the culinary culture of Bucharest during a 4-hour walking tour in the Romanian’s capital. During this private tour, you’ll immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the old town of Bucharest. Indulge yourself with a first stop at a restaurant with pies called La Placinte. Here you will try some pies and understand why they are such an important part in tradition. Hard to choose one when there are so many choices and all of them look amazing. Get to know some of the most historical places in the Old Town such as Manuc’s Inn, Princely Court, Lipscani Street, Romulus and Remus Roman Monument, etc.
After we have indulged our self with some sweets, it’s time for some wine and cheese at Abel’s Wine Bar. Here we will have some of the best Romanian wine and different types of cheese. Please do note that Romania is one of the biggest wine producers.
Our last stop will be at the famous restaurant “Caru Cu Bere” that has behind a history of 130 years and is one of the historical symbols of Bucharest. Here you will try the traditional bean soup with smoked bacon in a bread bowl with onion. Second course will be traditional skinless sausages “mici” with mustard and end your tour with some “papanasi”, traditional fried or boiled pastry resembling a small sphere, usually filled with jam and sour cream on top.
Drop off at your hotel and we hope that at the end of the day you have discovered the real taste of Romanian food.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.