Walking Experience of Shopping in the Mid-Levels & Central
At one of Hong Kong Island’s oldest settlements, the Mid-Level and Central districts, there is no shortage of shops selling an enormous variety of goods.
Ride on the world's longest outdoor covered escalator system from Central to the Mid-Levels.
Go to Upper Lascar Row often known as Cat Street. This alley in Mid-Levels runs parallel to Hollywood Road. Its more than 509 ft is home to antique dealers, curio merchants and art galleries plus jade, silk products, embroideries and wooden handicraft items.
Then walk to PMQ, passing the lovely Man Mo Temple built in 1847.
The Police Married Quarters has quite a bit of history to it. It has been the location for number of school and colleges from 1889 and the Hollywood Rd.Police Married Quarters since 1951. In 2009 it was listed as one of 8 projects under Conserving Central.
Continuing on Hollywood Rd. see more antiques, curio shops and art galleries and head to the Central district's flagship store of Shanghai Tang in Duddell Street.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Walking Tour with Guide
- English speaking guide (Supplement for other languages available)
- Pickup & Drop off from/to your hotel in Kowloon and Hong Kong Island North
- Entry/Admission - Sheung Shui Police Married Quarters
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any purchases of a personal nature (including souvenirs, etc.)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Upper Lascar Row, Tai Ping Shan, Hong Kong
Hollywood Road and Upper Lascar Row's antiques shops have copper mirrors, electric fans, jade gems, watches, ancient coins, Qing dynasty vases, stamps, newspapers and calendars
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Man Mo Temple, No.124-126 Hollywood Rd, Central, Hong Kong China
1800s temple featuring a lavish, traditional interior with dozens of incense spirals overhead.
Stop At: Sheung Shui Police Married Quarters, Po Wing Rd, Fanling, Hong Kong
The PMQ (literally meaning Police Married Quarters) is a site with several layers of historical significance being a number of school and colleges from 1889 to being the Hollywood Road Police Married Quarters in 1951. In 2009 the site was listed as one of eight projects under ‘Conserving Central.. Renamed as PMQ, the site is now a hub for design and creative industries.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hollywood Road, Central and Sheung Wan, Hong Kong China
Hollywood Road lines with more antiques, curio shops and art galleries and head to the buzzing Central district where we visit the flagship store of Shanghai Tang in Duddell Street, a meticulously decorated store sprinkled with beautiful craftsmanship and a great go-to for hip Chinoiserie. Keeping in line with Shanghai Tang’s unique way of blending traditional Chinese elements with contemporary style, the 15,000-square-meter shop welcomes customers with a custom-made crystal chandelier that symbolizes longevity.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all Kowloon and Hong Kong Island north hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants 1 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum 2 Adults required for this tour to operate
- There is a foreign language Supplement for tours in French, German, Spanish, etc. Enquiries can be made at time of booking.
- Tour operates twice daily to best suit your travel requirements
- The guide will meet guests at their hotel and take them by public transport, usually the MTR (Mass Transit System), to tour's commencement point. The guide will return guests back to the hotel the same way.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.