Walk with views over Bath
Enjoy a pleasant walk from the centre of Bath through the local countryside to experience panoramic views over the city. Follow in the footsteps of Jane Austin and Charles Dickens, as you explore the Georgian streets and walk along the Kennet & Avon canal to the surrounding Bathwick fields. Along the route, enjoy sights such as Pulteney Bridge, Sydney Gardens, and postcard-worthy views of Bath. This walk provides the perfect way to see Bath from a different perspective, with a splash of the rich history of this world heritage city while skipping the busy tourist spots.
The 3-mile route will include a short picnic break where you can enjoy the views.
Fitness Ability: Moderate - The walk includes stiles, the canalside, steep steps and hills in areas. We welcome children but the route is not suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs and those with mobility issues.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour
What's excluded :
- Lunch - There will be a 30 minute stop at a viewpoint, perfect for a small picnic or snack
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pulteney Bridge, Bridge St, Bath BA1 1EE England
You will cross over Pulteney Bridge, enjoying views of the Weir and historic city as your guide delights you with it's story
Pass By: Holburne Museum, Bathwick, Bath BA2 4DA, UK
The Holburne Museum and Sydney gardens is a section of Bath many sadly miss out on but are definitely worth exploring all year round
Pass By: Kennet & Avon Canal, Runs from the Severn Estuary near Bristol to the River Thames at Reading, BA1 1EE England
The Route takes you along the Kennet and Avon Canal, over and under it's bridges as you make your way out to the beautiful countryside that surrounds Bath.
Stop At: Bathwick Hill, Bath BA2, UK
Giving you beautiful views of the entire city Bathwick Hill is worth the short climb, giving you perfect photo opportunity's and a delightful spot to stop and enjoy a snack or picnic.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Sydney Buildings, Bath BA2, UK
Enjoy exploring the classic Bath architecture famous for it's local stone and Georgian history, Sydney Buildings is just one of the diverse streets your guide will help you explore
Pass By: North Parade Bridge, Bath England
Taking you back into the centre of the city where are tour both starts and finishes, crossing over the River Avon you will get a last magnificent view of the Weir, Parade Gardens and Pulteney Bridge
Departure Point :Lion Tours, Bridgewater House, Terrace Walk, Bath BA1 1LN, UK
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility issues
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.