Walk to the Green Cauldron on Madeira Island
Madeira Island is considered one of the best places in the world for walks and walks. Our volcanic formation has unparalleled beauty, and offers us a variety of trails that cross the entire island with wonderful landscapes.
Exploring these routes on foot reveals landscapes of extreme beauty and puts you in direct contact with the exuberant nature (fauna and flora) of this beautiful island, deep valleys, tunnels and beautiful waterfalls that involve us in peaceful or challenging paths, but always of stunning beauty.
In Madeira there are the levadas that are water channels created since the 15th century to take rainwater from the interior to the agricultural fields of the entire island. Today we have more than two thousand kilometers of levadas, with great potential for walking routes to be explored.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ponta de Sao Lourenco, Baia da Abra, Machico, Madeira Portugal
This walk covers the easternmost peninsula east of Madeira Island. Unlike the rest of the island, it has low vegetation and no trees and is classified as a partial nature reserve and is part of the European network of sites of community importance - Rede Natura 2000.
The walk includes protected seabird sites such as Cagarra, Roque-de-Castro, Alma Negra and Garajau-comum, as well as other species such as Corre-Caminho, Pintassilgo and Canário-da-terra.
Along the way we are dazzled by fantastic landscapes, with the Desertas islands in the south and the islands of Porto Santo in the north (weather permitting). From this walk it is possible to see the north and south coasts of Madeira.
Upon reaching the end of this route, we find Sardinha's house, a support for the watchmen of Madeira Natural Park.
On hot days it is possible to bathe in the sea at Cais do Sardinha.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We search in any hotel in the region of Caniço or Funchal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.