Walk through Sarkhej Roza
Although there are many rozas across Gujarat, the roza at Sarkhej is the most revered. Sarkhej was once a prominent center of Sufi culture and home to Sufi Saint Shaikh Ahmed Ganj Baksh and It was based on his suggestion, King Ahmed Shah decided to establish the city of Ahmedabad on the banks of river Sabarmati, few miles away from city of Sarkhej. Like many monuments built during that period, the complexes at Sarkhej exhibits a fusion of Islamic, Hindu and Jain features to form a composite “Indo-Saracenic” architectural style and has been famously dubbed “Ahmed¬abad’s Acropolis” by architect Le Corbusier.
Lets take a walk across the corridors of Sarkhej and relive the period when the concept of Ahmedabad as a city was taking birth.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sarkhej Roja
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarkhej Roja, Sarkhej, Ahmedabad India
Sarkhej is a very interesting complex built in 15th century by Ganj Baksh, one of the most revered sufi saint ever born in the country. This place holds special importance behind conception of Ahmedabad as city and capital of Gujarat.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Sarkhej Roza, Makarba, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380051, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pickup service from all major hotels and ports in the city at an additional costPorts
- ahmedabad international airport
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.