Walk through Rakkh village from Dharamshala
On this day trip from Dharamshala, explore the quaint little village of Rakkh. Situated in the picturesque Kangra valley, this tiny hamlet of around 300 huts is unspoiled by the influence of city life. Surrounded by Deodar forests, the village serves as a base camp for several treks in the Dhauladhar mountain range. Spend a few hours walking through this village enjoying the beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and the valley below.
• Rakkh Village
• Dhauladhar mountains
• Deodar forests
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Rakkh Resort
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rakkh Resort, Ghamrota Village Post Office Ballah ,Tehsil Palampur, District Kangra, Jiun, Himachal Pradesh 176061, India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 45-minute drive to Rakh village. Take in the scenic beauty of the surrounding Dhauladhar mountains as you drive past pine, cedar and rhododendron forests.
Rakh village is about 15 miles from Dharamshala but remains untouched by commercial influence. Once there, start your walking tour with a visit to Manimahesh Temple. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva.
Next walk over the slopes and take a look at the village homes set in the picturesque valley. Meet the locals and get acquainted with their day to day life. Visit the village flour mill that runs on water power. You will even get to visit a local family and share a cup of tea with them.
After spending a few hours in the village, walk back to Rakkh Bridge from where you will be driven back to your hotel in Dharamshala.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in DharamshalaAirports
- Gaggal Airport, Mandi - Pathankot Rd, Kuthman, Himachal Pradesh 176214, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- The tour does not operate during the monsoon season from July to September.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.