Walk through Delhi's Historical Gardens
Tour to the Historical Gardens which are one of the pleasantest green spaces in Delhi - with some historically important ruins/monuments. The vast botany and Flora of the gardens will purify your senses. Also the mysterious ruins dating back to different dynasties will satisfy your wanderlust.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Local Expert Storytelling Guide
- Monument entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Safdarjung's Tomb
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lodhi Garden, Lodhi Rd, New Delhi 110003 India
Lodhi Gardens one of the charming green spaces in Delhi is also dotted with Historical Ruins. With some labelled trees to help visitors from overseas become familiar with the Indian flora. The area was used as a burial for Delhi's (pre-Mughal) Sayyid and Lodi rulers. Mohammad Shar's tomb (1450) can be seen as a predecessor for architecture of Humayun's tomb and Sikander Lodi's tomb (1571) is set within a walled enclosure and clearly related to Humayun's tomb garden. The domed mausoleums appear to have been sited in an open landscape, rather as the Ancient Greeks placed temples.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Safdarjung's Tomb, New Delhi India
The Safdarjung Tomb also referred to as 'Safdarjung Ka Maqbara' is a garden tomb in New Delhi, India, made of marble and sandstone and built in late 18th century as mausoleum of Safdarjung, a statesman who remained the Wazir ul-Hindustan (Prime Minister of India) during the reign of Ahmad Shah Bahadur. This mausoleum built by Safdarjung’s son Nawab Shujaud Daula remains the last monumental garden tomb depicting Mughal architectural style. Located at the junction of Safdarjung Road and Aurobindo Marg (Road) in New Delhi in close proximity to Safdarjung Airport, this historical monument has remained a popular tourist spot attracting both Indian and foreign tourists visiting the capital city of India.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Jorbagh, Sri Aurobindo Marg, Safdarjung Airport Area, Jor Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.