Walk Levada do Rei - Ribeiro Bonito
The beautiful Levada, is evidence of the cultural heritage of the Island. A full day excursion with a walk on the northern side of the island viewing the Natural Park of Madeira, lush beautiful green landscapes and a visit to the village centre.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- The trail that follows alongside the Levada do Rei begins at the water treatment Plant at Quebradas in São Jorge, ending at the source of the Levada in the spectacular Ribeiro Bonito Stream.
The first part of the trail crosses a forested area where some specimen of indigenous vegetation are found. There are panoramic views of the São Jorge and Santana farmlands, then the vegetation begins to be rich in biodiversity on the second part of the walk. The rich vegetation forms tunnels through the trees. Here specimen trees of the Laurissilva forest, Classified as world heritage, can be found.
Be sure to visit the São Jorge Water Mill, which is about three hundred years old and is powered by the water from the Levada. The mil grinds wheat, maise, barley and rye grown on the terraces of São Jorge.
Departure Point :Levada do Rei
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring comfortable clothing and shoe wear. Sunglasses depending on the intensity of the sun. Bottled water is recommended.
- Madeira has a mild climate with average temperatures between 25 ° C in summer and 17 ° C in winter. The sea water is temperate, varying between 22 ° C and 18 ° C.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.