Wakimachi Brompton Bicycle Tour
This tour takes you along the Yoshino River to the historic town of Wakimachi.
The starting point is ADLIV, an old printing factory remodeled as a shared work and community space. It follows the road on the embankment where cars are prohibited, and you can experience the history and culture that developed around the Yoshino River. Mainakajima on the other side of the river from Wakimachi Udatsu Street was often flooded in the past, but at the same time it produced large amounts of indigo which contributed to the wealth of the area.
Crossing a submersible bridge over the Yoshino River, you enter a street of prosperous merchant houses ornamented with udatsu. Here there are satellite offices and fashionable cafes that still retain the atmosphere of old days. You have a break from cycling at Wataru Coffee (drink included in the price). Emerging from the udatsu street, you encounter the Showa period Odeon Theatre.
After the tour, you may want to slake your thirst at the café in ADLIV.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Tour Insurance
- Local guide fee
What's excluded :
- Transportation Fee
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Udatsu Street
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Udatsu Street, Mima Tokushima Prefecture
A half day bicycle tour using the world renowned Brompton folding bicycle. Experience the fresh air and beautiful scenery along the Yoshino River, one of the most beautiful rivers in Shikoku. The tour includes stops in the famous and historical Udatsu Street, with opportunities to try traditional indigo dying.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Wakimachi Theater "Odeonza", Nishibun-140-1 Wakimachi Ōaza Inoshiri, Mima, Tokushima 779-3602, Japan
A retro theater that is still active.
Pass By: Savor Japan, 1-2-1, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda 100-0013 Tokyo Prefecture
Departure Point :ADLIV, Wakamiyaminami-131-2 Wakimachi Ōaza Inoshiri, Mima, Tokushima 779-3602, Japan
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/9/2019 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
01:30 PM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.