Vrmac hiking tour
Vrmac – Starting just from the Tivat city, 10 minutes drive from the hotels, we reach authentic Montenegrin village, at 300 metres above sea level, overlooking the bay and the coast.
As soon as we start and pass through the village, we take the ascent on the old caravan road, hidden in the shade, and learn how it was built during the Austro – Hungarian reign, and how it was used to connect system of forts, barracks, and trenches on the top of the Vrmac ridge. Ultimate price of this tour is terrific view from the top, on both sides of the Boka bay – towards the ancient city of Kotor, hidden in the beautiful fjord, and towards the Tivat Riviera and open Adriatic sea on the southern side. While descending, we are taking gravel road through the forest and shade, until we reach abandoned fortress and barracks on the other end of the ridge. This place is ideal pick up point and opportunity for the snack/ lunch at the end of this popular hiking trail.
per adult from
3 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Fort Vrmac - Old Austro-Hungarian Fortress
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: gornja lastva, Montenegro
Gornja Lastva is a small Mediterranean settlement in the hill of Vrmac separating the Kotor and Tivat bays
Stop At: Fort Vrmac - Old Austro-Hungarian Fortress, 4km walk from Kotor, Kotor, Kotor Municipality Montenegro
Vrmac is a mountain in south-western Montenegro, overlooking the coastal town of Tivat and a peninsula dividing Tivat Bay from Kotor Bay.
It is an extension of Mount Lovćen, and its highest peak is Sveti Ilija, which is 785 meters high. It is located north of town of Tivat, and encloses town of Kotor from the south. It is also the site of the Austro-Hungarian Fort Vrmac, built in 1860.
Vrmac Tunnel, which connects Kotor with the Adriatic Highway, goes through the mountain. Vrmac is a popular destination for hiking, orienteering and mountain biking.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will pick up our guestsPorts
- Kotor port
- Porto Montenegro
Departure Time :2/8/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.