Voyageur Canoe Tour
Step into our stable 25' voyageur canoe and paddle breathtaking Barrier Lake. A leisurely paddle along the shore of this lake is the perfect addition to any visit to Kananaskis. The voyageurs were responsible for the Western settlement expansion of Canada by utilizing large canoes that held many people. Learn how to light a fire without a match and watch for wildlife as you paddle along the rugged shoreline surrounded by mountains.
Tour is per family/cohort, minimum of 4 adults required to run tour. Maximum of 9 participants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified Guide
- Local history about voyageurs, plants, and animals.
- Life jacket, paddle and canoeing instruction.
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barrier Lake, Highway 40 1 hour's drive east of Calgary, Alberta Canada
Journey back into time and learn to be a Voyageur. Experience portaging, paddling and lighting a no-match fire. Breath in the fresh mountain air and enjoy the 360-degree mountain view. While you explore watch for wildlife along the rugged shoreline.
Start your day at the Barrier Lake Day Use Area, where you will climb into our 25' voyageur canoe and paddle the breathtaking Barrier Lake. A leisurely paddle along the shore of this lake is the perfect addition to any visit to Kananaskis.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Barrier Lake Boat Rentals operated by Kananaskis Outfitters, AB-40, Kananaskis, AB T0L 2H0, Canada
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- We expect guests to be in good health for the tour, please take the COVID-19 self-assessment prior to the tour. In the case of yourself or someone in your group qualifying for self-isolation or COVID-19 testing, please notify our shop as soon as possible to arrange for a Raincheck and alternate tour date; no refunds will be given.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We expect guests to be in good health for the tour, please take the Alberta COVID-19 self-assessment prior to the tour. If yourself or someone in your group qualifies for self-isolation or COVID-19 testing, notify our shop as soon as possible to arrange for an alternate tour date.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.