Évora Day Trip from Lisbon
Discover the charms of Évora on this comprehensive private day trip from Lisbon. This one-day tour takes you to the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Évora, each with their own distinct heritage. Visit Praça do Giraldo, the Temple of Diana, Évora Cathedral, and The Chapel of Bones, among others. Your private guide will make sure no worthy spots are missed as you spend the day seeing and learning about one of Portugal’s most iconic villages. Pickup and drop-off at Lisbon hotels is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrances in Monuments
- Entry/Admission - Capela dos Ossos
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Evora (Se Catedral de Evora)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Templo Romano de Evora (Templo de Diana), Largo do Conde de Vila Flor Dentro da Muralha, Evora 7000-804 Portugal
The Temple of Diana is a Roman temple located right in the heart of the historic city of Évora, Portugal. Known in Portugal as the Templo de Diana, the Temple of Diana dates back to the second century AD when Évora was an important Roman military outpost in Portugal, following its heyday as the headquarters of the Roman military commander Quintus Sertorius during the first century BC.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Capela dos Ossos, Praca 1 de Maio, Evora 7000-650 Portugal
The Chapel of Bones, or Capela dos Ossos, in the Igreja Real de São Francisco in Évora, Portugal, is one of the city’s most visited destinations.
The church itself was built in the late fifteenth and early sixteenth century and is a significant sightseeing destination in its own right, thanks to its delightful mixture of Gothic and Manueline architectural styles that were so popular in Portugal at the time. At this time no less than 42 monastic cemeteries were dotted in and around the city of Évora and space was beginning to become an issue, so following the construction of the church a group of Franciscan monks decided to move all the bones to one single, consecrated chapel in order to free up the land for further use and development.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Praca do Giraldo, Evora 7000-508 Portugal
Our starting point: the Praça do Giraldo
Located in the heart of the city, this square is an excellent meeting point, with coffee shops, sidewalk cafés, shops and a tourist information office. On one side is the Church of Santo Antão and the marble drinking fountain (Chafariz) with 8 spouts, representing the 8 streets that lead here.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of Evora (Se Catedral de Evora), Largo do Marques de Marialva, Evora 7000-809 Portugal
Évora Cathedral is located right in the heart of the Old Town, close to many of the city’s most famous ecclesiastical buildings. Known in Portugal as the Sé Catedral de Évora, it is an attractive mix of Romanesque and Gothic architecture and its ancient sections date from AD1200. It is one of the most visited monuments in the city, making part of the area of Évora that has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage site for its architectural and historical significance.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Praca Marques do Pombal, Avenida da Liberdade Rotunda, Lisbon Portugal
Return to departure point
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be at 8h30 at your location, Hotels, Ports, appartments Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.