Volunteer for the Day at Chengdu Dujiangyan Panda Base Conservation Center
Volunteer for a day with giant pandas at the Dujiangyan Giant Panda Center. Help the professional panda keepers prepare their food, clean the enclosures and get close to China’s beloved treasures.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Volunteering fees
- Panda keeper Lunch
- Panda keeper certificate
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Tour guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dujiangyan Panda Base, Dujiangyan 611830 China
Meet your driver at the lobby of your hotel in Chengdu city centre and drive for approximately 1.5 hours to the non-profit rescue and research center of Dujiangyan Giant Panda Center. The center has three sections: the breeding area, a semi-wild reintroduction area, and a reintroduction area.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet the panda keepers who work to create a natural environment for China’s most beloved animals, and receive a short training session in how to deal with the pandas. After that, you can participate in two panda feedings — one in the morning and one in the afternoon — washing and carrying fresh bamboo for them, and preparing food like fruit, carrots and panda cakes. These nutritional treats are made with shredded bamboo mixed by hand with rice and egg to create a large, solid cake. The pandas love them!
After your first volunteer session, enjoy a Chinese local lunch provided for you at the center’s cafeteria. Then you will spend about an hour visiting the panda gardens before you resume your volunteer work. In the afternoon, you’ll help clean the pandas’ indoor and outdoor enclosures, and depending on the caretaker's schedule perhaps you may have chance learn to record panda behavior or even assist with weighing the pandas.
You'll receive a volunteer certificate and the satisfaction of contributing to a great cause after the full day helping out with these animals. After this the tour ends and your driver will bring you back to your hotel
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please provide the passport numbers and names of all customers. It is a requirement of the Chengdu Tourism Bureau in order to book your travel insurance
- Please change the setting of the mentioned products to make sure leaving passport number is compulsory.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.