Volendam: E-bike rental with suggested countryside- and fisherman village route
Hire a bike with electrical support to give less effort while biking. Once you’ve tried it, you never
want something else anymore. The E-bikes can be used like regular bikes but as they have a battery
with a range of 100+ kilometers you can relax while biking. See windmills, meadows, a cheese farm
and the beautiful lake on your electric bike without giving too much effort to go forward with a
speed of 25 km/hr. Hop on Hop off wherever you want to enjoy the beautiful environment of the
countryside of Amsterdam.
per adult from
1 to 3 days
What's included :
- E-bike rental
- Full battery and possibility to change the battery on various locations within the region
- Strong E-bike with 3 gears
- GPS program to follow possible routes on your smartphone
- Hardcopy map of the surroundings with recommendations to break to determine your route
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks
- Depart from the old harbour in Volendam on your E-bike to explore multiple villages. Along the route you will see a beautiful windmill, lots of meadows, a countless number of cows and sheep and you will cross the famous Dutch dikes. The one time you will be riding on top of the dike, so you can see (and even dive into!) the lake, the 'Gouwzee'. The other time you are riding meters below sea level along the dike to experience how the Dutch locals live behind the dikes.
From Volendam you can either choose or be advised which villages you would like to visit with your E-bike. Within one hour you can perfectly visit Edam, an almost 800 year old town north of Volendam. Edam is famous for its peaceful narrow alleys and small canals, the beautiful façades of the cosy houses and the unique small boutiques. Also Edam is known for its cheese market where visitors can both taste and purchase a various number of cheeses.
Also another town, which is called Monnickendam can be visited in only one hour of time. When walking or cruising around in the old centre of Monnickendam it will feel like you went back in time. Along the streets you will see the beautiful houses made of light bronze bricks. Also the old harbour with its pretty ships and charming terraces is definitely worth a visit. An absolute highlight in Monnickendam is the beer brewery, where you can see where and how the beer is brewed, where you can taste the homemade sausages and enjoy the lovely terrace along the water.
When you have more time to spend it is highly advised to make a tour from Volendam to Monnickendam and from Monnickendam to the former island Marken. Marken is a stunning town with lovely bridges over the small canals and really nice wooden façades. As the island can only be reached by the 10 kilometre long dike, the small town is surrounded by water where it becomes really clear again how the Dutch are dealing with living below sea level. From Marken it is possible to take the boat back to Volendam. The Volendam-Marken Express is departing each 30 minutes from Marken to Volendam and it is possible to bring your E-bike on the ship. After a 30 minutes cruise you will be back in Volendam where you can drive underneath the dike back to the rental company to bring back your E-bike.
Departure Point :Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is never allowed to rent or drive one of our vehicles when you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs.
- It is not allowed to drive on the highway with our vehicles. You are obliged to always drive on the stated E-bike paths.
- Always be aware of the residents and other road users. It is not allowed to use your bell unnecessarily, always drive slowly when passing wanderers and other E-bikers and always create enough space for other road users.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.