Volcano Arenal National Park - Canyoning & Hot Springs
What our tour includes: Transportation roundtrip, waterfall canyoning, zipline, all rock climb gear, waterproof jackets typical Costa Rican lunch, beverages, bilingual drivers/guides and photographer (photos for purchase after tour)
What to bring: Camera, water shoes or any shoe with close toe that can get wet, bug spray, sunscreen, comfortable clothes, swim suit, fresh clothes to change into, towel.
Tour Difficulty: Moderate
Times of Departure: 4am - Return approximately at 7pm
Drive time: 3.5hrs from Playa Grande - Tamarindo area;
If you are located in another area an additional fee will be added depending on the location.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Bilingual driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned new vans
- Vans with all Insurance and legal tourism permits in Costa Rica
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- After arriving to La Fortuna we will take you on an exciting 4x4 ride on a mountain road to the first ranch house. We put your gear on, give you a short safety and rappelling explanation and then a short trek on a beautiful rainforest trail to the first waterfall rappel where you will descend into to canyon! The 5 rappels range in heights of 25 ft to 165 ft. The Monkey Drop Zip Line is approx. 82 ft long.
Right After rappelling down the first waterfall you will climb up the side of the canyon wall, 20 ft, to a short trail. Then zip line across the canyon and rappel down from the cable 82 ft to the canyon floor again. Then continue on short trails from waterfall to waterfall through the canyon, it's like being in a National Rainforest Park! Then a short trek out of the canyon to the second ranch house where you meet up with the 4x4 vehicles and then back to base offices for a delicious Costa Rican style lunch just outside La Fortuna with a view of the famous Arenal Volcano.
There are beautiful installations with changing rooms, towels and hot showers. You can also stroll through organic tropical gardens and spot birds and tropical plants and flowers everywhere. Much of your lunch is grown on this land, all organic of course! Make sure to check out the "Earth Hut" where there are earthworms, compost, compost tea and a station where microorganisms are made.
On the way back, you will have the option to stop and relax at the local hot springs.
Increase the daily adrenaline by adding to your day; a 2 hour adventure running level 3/4 rapids through the best rivers in the country! Costa Rica's rain forest has amazing white water rafting! Choose this option if your a fan of river rafting.
Departure Point :Hotel or House Pick Up Included with in Tamarindo and Playa Grande area. If you are located in another area an additional fee will be added depending on the location, we will email you with the details.
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under due to the amount of walking or people with bad knees
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.