Vivencial Tourism Full Day
A new adventure wait for you where you will get to experience the daily life of the communities that live in the areas that nearby to the sacred valley of the Incas.
By visiting and living a day like the locals from this area you will not only get acquainted with the local culture but you will also contribute to the progress of these communities.
In the district of Chinchero we will find the community of UMASBAMBA, here you will get acquainted with the local culture and learn some skills like local farming methods which have almost remained unchanged since Incas time, Cooking session with the locals, how to use natural dyes for the process of coloring textiles, and many other activities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transportation to the community.
- ACTIVITY (CATTLE RAISING)
- ACTIVITY (textile)
- Lunch with the community as well as the activities mentioned in the program
What's excluded :
- Local Taxes "10%" in Cusco.
- Drop off close to main square
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning (Ca. 7 am), after almost an hour ride with the car, we will arrive to Umasbamba where the villagers will receive you with flower necklaces one block from the community square where the colonial temple is also located, they will also take you dancing while playing their native Andean music with instruments of the area.
After the reception, all the members of the community introduce themselves explaining their daily duties and also showing their clothes and dressing visitors with their typical attires as well.
The first activity to be carried out will be agriculture, the activities will be explained and the delegation of duties as well (What duties women and men are responsible for) You will be introduced to the process of how they work the land using antique natural methods to fertilize the land with natural nutrients, they will also show you the clothing they wear during the activity and what foods to take to the place.
After lunch, you will learn about the weaving process where the women of the place will show you how to carry out the shearing, washing and natural drinks of the wool. Then move on to the elaboration of the fabric, handling the different iconographies of its tradition.
After all this wonderful experience with the community, you have to bid farewell and it ends the same way as it started, lots of music dance and joy. This is a rewarding experience since you were able to live like the locals for one day.
We take the bus to Cusco and should be arriving to Cusco late in the afternoon.
Departure Point :Main Square Cusco , from your hotel , or from our office
Departure Time :6:00 - 6:30 am
Return Detail :Cusco Main Square
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Will be necesary a briefing 01 or 02 days before your tour "it should be necesary to understand the tour and give you some advices. The briefing should be at our Office
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.