Visit to an Organic Farm in Cumbum Valley - Tamil Nadu
On this half-day tour visit an organic farm located in the fertile Cumbum valley of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Learn about the basic tenets of organic farming as you stroll through the fruit plantations. End the tour with a sumptuous lunch prepared from freshly sourced ingredients.
• Introduction to organic farming
• Visit to a South Indian farmhouse
• Lunch (beverage excluded)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking local guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Bullock cart
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cumbum, Cumbum, Theni District, Tamil Nadu
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and taken to a certified organic farm in the Cumbum valley. Situated at the border between the South Indian states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, it is the most fertile valley of South India.
Enjoy a welcome drink as you reach the farm. Your guide will then take you around the farm. During the course of the morning learn about some of the practices of organic farming. Organic farming is a system which avoids or largely excludes the use of synthetic inputs such as fertilizers, pesticides and plant hormones.
Stroll through the pomegranate, papaya and mango plantations. Soak in the natural beauty of this lush green region that still remains untouched from the outside world. End the tour with a delicious lunch prepared from fresh, locally grown ingredients.
After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.