Visit Three Mayan Villages - Lake Atitlan
This is a real immersion in the mayan culture and you will be the witness of the life style of the mayan people and the old technic to get or make textile with nature.
You will visit three mayan villages
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Panajachel area)
What's excluded :
- Its a visit around three different towns of the watershed from lake Atitlán, leave from Panajachel visiting three mayan villages around lake atitlan like San Juan la Laguna, San Pedro la Laguna, Santiago Atitlán, and at the end returning to Panajachel, there will be an hour stop in every town, the tour starts at 8:30AM and finishes at 3:00pm.
The attractive of the places: when you visit San Juan la Laguna it’s known by the murals on the walls houses, and the indigenous women’s art crafts & natural dye cooperatives,San Pedro la Laguna is a mayan village and shared by foreingners of many countries, Santiago Atitlán is a very colorful town, and its famous because is the only town that is named as the lake. One of the attractive is visiting the Maximon’s cofradía (RILAJ MAM) a venerated deity by the locals and visitors. Entering to the Santiago Apóstol Parish Church, built in the colonial time with the renaissance style, you will be able to get to know the religious syncretism practiced by the locals.
Departure Point :Panajachel, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You can have lunch in Santiago Atitlan village
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.