Visit Sisal Plantations & Industrial Processing Plant-Full Day from Tanga City
The sisal industry is the oldest commercially organised agricultural undertaking and one of the longest surviving agricultural industries in Tanzania. Introduced in 1893 by Dr. Richard Hindorf a German Agronomist, as a commercial crop, the sisal industry grew to become the most extensive commercial agriculture and primary processing in Central Africa, spreading to Kenya, Mozambique and Angola. Peak production was reached in 1964 when Tanzania alone produced 234,000 tons grown in Tanga, Morogoro, Coast, Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Singida, Iringa, Mwanza, Shinyanga, Mara, Mtwara and Lindi regions, virtually throughout Tanzania.
Sisal has played a significant role in the country's economy being the largest foreign exchange earner in Tanzania up to the 70's and the largest employer providing employment to over 1,000,000 permanent and casual workers. It is expected to continue as it still provides a well being for 350,000 people in the country.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Urithi Tanga Museum
What's excluded :
- Tips and other things on personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Urithi Tanga Museum, Independence Avenue (next to the Tanga Library), Tanga Tanzania
After breakfast departure from the Hotel to Sisal Plantation tour via Sisal Head Office in Tanga city before proceed to the sisal field for full day visit.Lunch will be prepared near to the sisal field/Sisal Compound.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.