Visit Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from Rome — Private Tour by Car
Join this day trip from Rome and experience two wonders of Italy: the near-perfect Pompeii and the gorgeous Amalfi Coast. Both are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Both represent the best of what Italy has to offer: amazing history and stunning nature.
First, you’ll enjoy a Pompeii Private Tour of the town tragically destroyed by Mount Vesuvius’ eruption. Your guide – an archaeology expert – will lead you through this Ancient Roman town. You’ll see Grand Villas, fast-food shops, theaters and even a brothel, that’ll paint a picture of life here. In the Forum, you’ll find the plaster casts of those who died in Vesuvius’ blast, frozen in their final moments.
Next, you’ll be driven in a private car down the gorgeous Amalfi Coast road to Positano. This picturesque town leans toward the sea from a green hillside. Enjoy a lunch-break and walk the winding cobbled streets toward the beach. Finally, stop above Sorrento for an amazing-view of the town – the perfect place for photographs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Skip the line admission
- Full tour from an expert guide
- Headsets for groups of 6 or more
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese
- Transport in a private car with AC
- Hotel pickup and return (within central Rome)
- Transport between sights
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Pompeii’s ruins make the best-preserved Roman settlement in the world. Discover the private lives of Pompeii’s townspeople before life was destroyed by the horrific eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Amalfi Coast, 84011 Italy
Experience the incomparable beauty of Positano – a hillside village of colored houses, leaning toward the azure ocean and a photo-stop above picturesque Sorrento and admire the stunning views of the Tyrrhenian sea.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.