Visit Orvieto from Rome + Lunch & Wine Tasting - Day Tour
Join a full-day tour from Rome and discover Orvieto, a charming Medieval town, surprisingly perched on a rock cliff. Among other architectural masterpieces, discover the famous 53 meters deep St. Patrick's Well.
At lunchtime, you'll be taken to a local winery to taste four Umbrian wines along with a delicious regional meal. You will also visit the vineyard, the winery, and the Etruscan Caves before heading back to Rome.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from your location in Rome
- all day private luxury car with driver
- 2 hours professional guide in Orvieto
- Wine Tasting and lunch in a local winery
- Admission tickets to the Cathedral
- Admission tickets to St. Patrick's well
- Drop off back to your location jn Rome
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Your driver will lead you to Orvieto where you will meet your guide for a private visit of the town.
The main highlight is the Gothic Cathedral. Its façade is literally covered with dazzling multicoloured mosaics and splendid bas-reliefs. The interior contains the relics of the Miracle of Bolsena and incomparable frescoes of the “Apocalypse” by Fra Angelico and Luca Signorelli ‘s “Day of Judgment” and” Life after Death”.
These masterpieces will surprise you entering St. Brizio Chapel, as they surprised Michelangelo, who studied Signorelli’s work and took inspiration for the Sistine Chapel. The celestial “Madonna with the Child and Angels” and infinite other great works cover all the Cathedral inside and outside.
The Papal Palace across the square, a monumental Gothic structure, was a residence for the Popes. Strolling around the town you may admire many Renaissance and Gothic Palaces ( all visits from outside during the walking tour).
Included in the price, and really worth the visit is St Patrick’s Well, carved in the tuff. It will impress you with its over 200 feet depth and the remarkably intertwined staircases that never meet.
Lunch at a renowned winery
At lunch time you will have the opportunity to taste 4 Umbrian wines enjoying a typical meal (all included). You will also visit the wineyard, the winery and the Etruscan Caves. In case you are interested they send their products all over the world.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our customers from all Hotels, B&B and Apartment. You have not booked your hotel, yet: do not worry, you will communicate it later on.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Note that St Patricks Well has 248 steps downward and 248 upwards; visitors with mobility limitations can step only some of them and and exit from the entrance. Entering every sacred place one must cover knees and shoulders..
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Temperature checks for travelers and guides before entering each site or museum
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.