Visit Monastery of Our Lady of Costaras and Church St. Athanasius Sopiki
1-Monastery of Our Lady of Costaras.
One finds the east of the ancient city of Phenicia, built inside a cave of the mountain of Costaras. first painted in 1332 on the northwest arcade and later in the years 1690 -1770 was united with the rest of the space. It is dedicated to the Assumption, celebrated on August 15, and is a major pilgrimage site until the Himara.Carved in the rock, the church retains great historical values provided therein the "crypt" operated during the Turkish secret school, with last teacher Pili Pappas.
2-Church St. Athanasius Sopiki
It seems to built in the 17th century, but it is certain that it has been built on the foundations of an older church. The roof of the main temple is built with stone arches while that of the stent with wooden material.On the north side of the church has a portico.Inside the church today are not shown because frescoes were covered with lime during the disastrous campaign against the authoritarian regime of religions in Albania.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Agios Saranda
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agios Saranda, Saranda Albania
It seems to built in the 17th century, but it is certain that it has been built on the foundations of an older church.
The dome is elevated in the center. The roof of the main temple is built with stone arches while that of the stent with wooden material.
On the north side of the church has a portico.
Inside the church today are not shown because frescoes were covered with lime during the disastrous campaign against the authoritarian regime of religions in Albania.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.