Visit Brihadeeswara Temple, Saraswati Library, Palace And Gallery In Thanjavur
Visit one of the Great Living Chola Temples, a UNESCO world Heritage Site and discover the remarkable legacy of the Chola Kingdom that extended from Madurai to the Mekong valley in its heydays. This dizzying historical legacy can be seen in Thanjavur, capital of the great Chola Empire. Also visit the city's labyrinthine royal palace that preserves memories of other, later powerful dynasties.
• Brihadeeswara Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Thanjavur Royal Palace
• Saraswati Mahal Library
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Brihadeeswara Temple
- Entry/Admission - Thanjavur Royal Palace and Art Gallery
- Entry/Admission - The Serfoji Sarasvati Mahal Library
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brihadeeswara Temple, Membalam Rd, Balaganapathy Nagar, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 613007, India
You will be picked up from fixed point / hotel leave for sightseeing.
The Cholas established a powerful monarchy in the 9th century AD at Thanjavur and in its surroundings. They enjoyed a long, eventful rule, lasting for four and a half centuries with great achievements in all fields such as military conquest, efficient administration, cultural assimilation and promotion of art. The Great Living Chola Temples were built by kings of the Chola Empire, which stretched over all of South India and the neighbouring islands. The site includes three great 11th- and 12th-century Temples: the Brihadeswara Temple at Thanjavur, the Brihadeswara Temple at Gangaikondacholisvaram and the Airavatesvara Temple at Darasuram. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the temple at Thanjavur is a great example of the rich Chola architecture. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva. Besides beautiful wall sculptures, the temple also has some exquisitely painted frescoes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Thanjavur Royal Palace and Art Gallery, Art Gallery, Thanjavur 613001 India
The museum is located within the Thanjavur Royal Palace that was the official residence of the Bhonsle dynasty that ruled over Thanjavur from 1674 to 1855. The museum has preserved various items like paintings, manuscripts and statues from the temples of Thanjavur. The beautiful stone sculptures of the Pandya, Chola, Nayaka and Pallava periods are added attractions at the museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Serfoji Sarasvati Mahal Library, Thanjavur Royal Palace, Thanjavur India
It is one among a few medieval libraries existing in the world. It is an unparalleled repository of culture and an inexhaustible treasure house of knowledge built up by successive dynasties of Nayaks and the Marathas of Thanjavur. It contains very rare and valuable collections of manuscripts, books, maps and paintings on all aspects of Art, Culture and Literature. The Encyclopaedia Britannica in its survey of the Libraries of the world mentions this as "the most remarkable Library in India".
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in ThanjavurAirports
- Thanjavur Airport, Unnamed Road, Pillaiyarpatti, Tamil Nadu 613005, India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed in the temple. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Name and gender as on passport, passport number, expiry date and country of issuance is required at time of booking. Please carry the passport on the day of the tour.
- Temple opens 06.00 to 12.00 & 16.00 to 20.00 hours & Palace visit timings are from 09.30 to 16.30 hours.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.