Visit a Reindeer Farm with Short Sleigh Ride
Visit the local reindeer farm and meet people living at the farm while introducing yourself to the lives of reindeer herders. Meet wild and trained safari reindeers. You can feed the reindeers and in the wintertime have a sleigh ride in the grounds. These activities offer great possibilities for taking photos and experiencing authentic wilderness life. You can also try some reindeer lasso throwing and enjoy coffee or tea served with a pastry at the farm. You will also hear interesting stories about reindeer herding and wilderness life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Snacks mentioned
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Lunch available for additional charge, needs to be booked in advance.
- Private tours available for additional charge.
- For an additional price, you can also order a lunch at the farm (requires pre-booking). Guidance, transfers to farm and back, all the equipment, winter clothes and footwear included. Duration 2 hours (including 1h at the farm) with return transfers from your hotel.
Reindeer are an inseparable part of Lapland’s nature. Reindeer herding as a way of life – in its current form – is at least 500 years old. Reindeer are kind obedient animals, if you can train them first with the right skills.
Reindeer have been used for carrying and pulling burdens since the beginning of the Common Era. Reindeer are extremely strong as these can carry heavy loads. These have sharp hooves, which enable them to walk on snow and ice. Reindeer can shed their antlers during the winter and new antlers grow in their place.
Reindeer are semi-domesticated, and every animal is owned by a herder. In Northern Lapland, reindeer husbandry is still a major source of income for many. There are about 200 000 reindeer in Finland and about 6 500 reindeer owners in Lapland.
In the winter time the program includes also short reindeer sleigh ride and light hearted reindeer driving license and snacks.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.