Virtual Experience Chow Kit Market & Malaysian Street Food
Would you like to explore the streets of Kuala Lumpur and get closer to a local wet market in KL? Yes it's possible!
Come join our team of local food guides on a virtual Chow Kit Market walk where you can see firsthand and explore one of the biggest wet markets in the city of Kuala Lumpur.
Explore with us the must have KL Street Food and market. Enjoy local beef noodles at the end of the food trail and learn some Malay words and language in preparation for your next trip to Malaysia.
Hear the stories of local communities and get to know the local heros (local entrepreneurs) who are standing in the test of COVID.
Learn one of the signature dishes of Malaysia and shop for the market ingredients to cook a local recipe- the famous Malaysian Beef Rendang.
Get a free E BOOK introducing Malaysia, KUALA LUMPUR the capital and get to know its glorious Street Food.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Licensed Local Guide
- Tour Itinerary
- Signature local authentic dish known as Rendang Chicken & Rendang Beef recipes
- E BOOK -Introduction to Malaysia
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kampung Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kampung Bahru is the remaining Malay traditional village in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. In this tour, we will be seeing up close the architecture of Malay houses and the uniqueness of these buildings. On top of that, we also going to see a lot of planted fruit trees such as banana, papaya and also mango.
This tour will show you the view of the village with the background of Kuala Lumpur skyscrapers.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Chow Kit Market, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
We are going to wonder around in this 65 years old market, which has been going development phases a few times since it was build.
Chow Kit Market divides into two sections: the wet and dry market. The wet market, known locally as Bazaar Baru Chow Kit. Walk through the stalls and expect to see everything from hanging meat carcasses to freshly caught fish lining the narrow passageway, endless varieties of tropical fresh fruits and vegetables and all manner of Malaysian specialties and ingredients from curry pastes, herbs, spices fills the stalls at rock bottom prices.
The dry market of Malay heritage and origins, features a more tourist-friendly setting selling prayer clothings, textiles and street food such as Apam Balik, Peneram, Keropok Lekor, Murtabak and many more.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Lorong Kampung Periok, Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Return Detail :Pasar Chow Kit, Jalan Raja Alang, Kampung Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- This is a virtual tour and this make it con-tactless for customers and guides.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.