Vinica, Lesnovo Monastery and Kratovo tour from Skopje
In this tour, we will be able to see and experience the quiet part of the country. In the beautiful Eastern region, we will visit Vinica, Lesnovo, Kratovo, and Kuklici. We will be able to walk across the Medievil bridges and streets and hear legends about the Stone Doll wedding.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or any other preferred location in Skopje
- All transfers with a comfortable A/C car/minivan
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver for the tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Personal Expenses
- Entry/Admission - Vinica Calais
- Entry/Admission - Lesnovo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Clock Tower
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vinica Calais, Vinica, North Macedonia
We will arrive in Vinica and start our tour with the visit to the Terracotta Museum, best known for its icon gallery. According to the iconographic analysis of the icons discovered so far, they can be classified as Old Testament scenes, illustrations of psalms, Christological symbols, and figures of Christian saints. We will as well have the ability to take a walk through the Vinicko Kale and enjoy the scenes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lesnovo Monastery, Lesnovo, North Macedonia
Officially called Monastery of St Archangel Michael and St Hermit Gabriel of Lesnovo, The Lesnovo Monastery has excellently preserved frescoes. The monastery is located on the south-west slopes of Mount Osogovo, in the middle of a volcanic crater.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Clock Tower, Josif Daskalov, Kratovo 1360 Republic of North Macedonia
Kratovo is a very beautiful small town, rich in history and stories, and is a perfect place for a peaceful stroll. We can have lunch or a coffee break in one of the restaurants and cafes. We will stroll the narrow streets and walk across the small medieval bridges.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stone town of Kuklica, 8 km northwest of Kratovo, Kratovo 1360 Republic of North Macedonia
This natural phenomenon will reveal some interesting stories about their creation. The Kuklici stone dolls are a unique natural formation. According to the locals, a new stone doll appears every 5-6 years. In the end, we will get back into our comfortable A/C vehicle and drive back to Skopje.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Boulevard Krste Petkov Misirkov, Skopje 1000, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick-you-up from your hotel or any other preferred location in Skopje
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour operates in various weather conditions, please dress accordingly
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the other people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.