Villarrica Volcano Ascent
The wonderful landscapes of southern Chile make this a unique activity. We enjoy the best views, from our summit you can see Pucón, Villarrica, the lake of the same name, in addition to the Caburgua and Calafquén lakes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Technical Team and Clothing.
- Accident insurance. Certified Professional Guide Entrance to the National Park.
What's excluded :
We begin our route at 227 meters above sea level in the city of Pucón- Chile towards one of the most active volcanoes in South America such as the Villarrica Volcano, a stratovolcano that constantly delights us with its incandescence and its lava source at more than 1200 degrees of temperature that sometimes it is possible to see from the summit.
We start our journey from Pucón by car to 1,400 meters above sea level where we begin to walk and live our experience; We will be ascending approximately 5 hours in the direction of the summit of Villarrica Volcano (in Mapudungún: Ruka Pillán, House of Spirits) and descending 3 hours. In this route we will be able to appreciate the different volcanoes that will surround us, the marks of the eruptions in our surroundings, landscapes with a view of Lake Villarrica and much more. The objective will be to enjoy each step of the ascent towards the summit that rises to 2,847 meters above sea level.
• Volcan Villarica, Pucon Chile
Departure Point :Rutas Outdoors, Colo Colo 361, Pucon, Pucón, Araucanía, Chile
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.