Village Traditions: Socerb & Hrastovlje
The Village Traditions trip is a memorable experience as it combines rich history, culture, nature and gastronomy which are all closely related to the tradition of the Coast and the Karst region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The Socerb Castle
- Entry/Admission - Hrastovlje Church of the Holy Trinity
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Socerb Castle, Socerb 7, Crni Kal 6275 Slovenia
We will begin our trip by visiting Socerb Castle which is situated near the homonymous village and offers a beautiful view of the Gulf of Trieste. Due to its excellent strategic position, the castle was very important already in the Middle Ages. Nearby there is also a cave, known as Holy Cave, which in the entrance hall contains the only underground shrine in Slovenia. A legend says that the cave was once inhabited by a hermit, Saint Servulus, who after becoming a Christian lived there for two years.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hrastovlje Church of the Holy Trinity, Hrastovlje 19a Koper, Hrastovlje 6275 Slovenia
We will then continue our trip towards the Mediterranean village of Hrastovlje, best known for the Church of the Holy Trinity, which contains a late-medieval Danse Macabre fresco. The church was built in the 13th century and is embraced by the encampment wall and two fortified towers from the 16th century. During Ottoman and Uskoks invasions the settlement represented a safe retreat for the local people. The interior of the church is decorated by frescoes and Glagolitic inscriptions. The frescoes depict the creation of the world, the expulsion of Adam and Eve from Eden, the Passion of the Christ, people working on a farm, and the most famous sequence called the Dance of Death. The church was painted in 1490 by the inscribed artist Janez of Kastav and the images were discovered in 1951 by the local painter Jože Pohlen. The church is inscribed in the World Heritage List.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marezige, Marezige, Slovenian Littoral Region
Later on, we will drive to the village of Marezige where the first wine fountain in Slovenia is situated. We will continue with the visit to the renowned olive oil farm where we will refresh ourselves with tastings of excellent olive oil, wine and food. Throughout our tour we will admire unspoiled nature and stunning vistas.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Koper - Truck terminal (Luka Koper Inpo), Ankaranska cesta 7, 6000 Koper - Capodistria, Slovenia
Departure Time :1/12/2020 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cruise passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time
- Hotel guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.