Villa D'Este and Wine Tasting in Castel Gandolfo Private Tour with Driver
This day trip is designed for those who wish to enjoy Villa D’Este, gem of architectural and landscape splendor, characterized by wonderful and suggestive water displays and for being the most beautiful example of the Italian Renaissance garden in Europe.
After Tivoli you will admire the highlights of Castel Gandolfo, the Pope’s summer residence which overlooks the volcanic lake.
Wine and Food Tasting included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver/guide at your disposal for 8 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Villa Adriana
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tivoli, Tivoli, Province of Rome, Lazio
Ancient Tivoli, called Tibur Superbum by Virgil in his Aeneid, has a much longer history than Rome’s and dates back to 1215 BC, when it was considered the most important point of convergence of different peoples.
This is borne out by the Sanctuary of Hercules Victor, a structure dating back to the 2nd century BC and still visible today.
Today’s image of Tivoli is inextricably linked to its thermal baths and to the three magnificent villas which adorn it: the spectacular Villa d'Este and the archaeological area of Villa Adriana (Hadrian’s Villa), both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and the landscape view of Villa Gregoriana, run by the FAI (The Italian Environmental Fund). The unique sceneries that emerge from this area were a favourite of poets, painters and rich aristocrats who used to come here in the 19th century during their Grand Tour.
The Tivoli "Grand Tour" is a charming trip through the archaeology, history, places of worship and natural sceneries inside Tivoli that you don't expect - well cared for by the love of its citizens and highly appreciated by tourists and lovers of beauty.
Stop At: Villa Adriana, Largo Marguerite Yourcenar 1, 00019, Tivoli Italy
Hadrian's Villa (Villa Adriana) in Tivoli bears witness to the grandeur of the Roman Empire. It is one of the best kept and most visited archaeological sites in Italy. This is why it has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1999.
The villa was built by Roman Emperor Hadrian at the foot of the Tiburtine Hills between 118 and 138 AD. The vast residential complex extended over an area of about 120 hectares (about 300 acres) and looked very much like an ancient Roman city. The site included buildings, baths, temples, barracks, theatres, gardens, fountains and nymphaeums. The villa itself was designed on two levels: the upper floor, quiet and welcoming, was reserved for the emperors official use, while the lower floor was noisy and bustled with the work of slaves.
Today, of the ancient pomp, it is possible to see only 40 hectares, which fortunately still attest to the magnificence and significance of this complex.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castel Gandolfo, Castel Gandolfo, Province of Rome, Lazio
Home to the pope’s summer residence in the hills surrounding the shimmering waters of Lake Albano, Castel Gandolfo promises those who visit the perfect day trip from Rome. Its lush, landscaped gardens, richly furnished papal palace, and 25 hectares of farmland ripe with fresh produce provide all the divine inspiration imaginable away from the hustle and bustle of the capital. What’s more, since in March 2014, Pope Francis opened the Apostolic Palace to the public, all of it is waiting for you to come and explore.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please communicate allergies and diet restrictions
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel • Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.