Villa de Leyva: Culture and amazement.
This tour provides you a whole experience: landscapes, history, culture, and fun.
You're going to visit some of the oldest towns in Colombia, getting to know the history and also see stunning landscapes on the way up.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio Del Santo Eccehomo
- Entry/Admission - Pozos Azules
- Entry/Admission - Casa Terracota
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monasterio Del Santo Eccehomo, 8 km From Villa de Leyva, Villa de Leyva Colombia
This place is a national heritage both for its architecture and its wide history. Initially, it was devised as a rest house, then it became a monastery and finished its construction in 1695. During the War of Independence the friars were expelled, who returned only until 1868.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Pozos Azules, Carretera Villa de Leyva, Villa de Leyva Colombia
Villa de Leyva's Blue Ponds are famous for their crystalline appearance given by the minerals and sulfur of the waters. They are not only attractive for their waters, but also for the desert landscape where they are found.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Casa Terracota, Villa de Leyva Colombia
A clay house that occupies five hundred square meters in Villa de Leyva is considered the largest pottery in the world. It is the Terracotta House, a brick-colored structure that the architect Octavio Mendoza cooked as potters when they produce pots and other decorative objects. This is a construction project that, according to its creator, "turns the land into habitable architecture."
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Plaza De Mercado De Villa De Leyva, Intersection of Carrera 6 and Calle 13, Villa de Leyva Colombia
With 14,000 m2, the Villa de Leyva is one of the largest squares in America. In this cobbled space, a water fountain and the church of Our Lady of the Rosary stand out. In the surroundings, visitors find restaurants, hotels, museums and craft shops, among other buildings, that respect the colonial architecture characteristic of this municipality.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up at your hotel or accommodation place. Airports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.