Ávila and Rueda wineries from Madrid Wine tour
Live an unforgettable experience visiting Avila which is the most attractive medieval town of the whole Spain. But do it after having visited a beautiful winery in Rueda and having tasted its excellent wines (White and red). We strongly believe that everything is more beautiful with a glass of wine in hand.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- All activities
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan and coach
- Local professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit to Avila and Rueda with a small group
In the mid-sixteenth century, the Spanish King Philip II decided that the capital of Spain would be Madrid. He did so to take power away from the church and the nobles. That was bad for the economies of several towns in Madrid. But we, in the 21st century, are fortunate because we can see those towns as they were many centuries ago.
This is the case of Avila. Avila has the best preserved medieval Wall of Europe.
Visiting that city and walking over the Wall is a great pleasure because you can believe that you are a soldier in the year 1200 and the Wall is in perfect conservation.
We will also enter the Cathedral, one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Spain. That cathedral is part of the medieval Wall.
Then we Will have the privilege of looking at the city from the outside. Many times we can do it during sunset or maybe when the darkness has arrived . The city looks even more beautiful lit by thousands of lights. A compelteley different town.
But in our journey wine is also the other protagonist of the tour.
That's why we visit first, the city of Rueda, not far from Avila with beautiful wineries and attractive wines, some of them with incredible facilities and stories as attractive as the city of Avila. After having visited the winery and tasting the wines we will have a quick lunch (tapas and wine) (15 euros additional) to have enough time to enjoy everything we can of the town of Ávila.
On this tour, there is sometimes a debate about what is better. Whether visiting the wineries in Rueda or visiting Ávila later. And we always say that the best is the combination of both experiences, because we believe that everything is much more beautiful with a glass of wine in hand. (The wine that is in Rueda is white but we will have white and red wines on the tasting).
If you decide to come please tell us which is your impression on that debate
After what you have read, we try to make you know that this a pleasure for your eyes, but also for your taste and smell with the beautiful wines that we are going to taste, but also with the stories you will hear. Our goal is to make you stop with emotion and in this way make you enjoy with the 5 senses.
Tell us at the end of the tour if we have achieved it because that is our best price.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Claridge Cafeteria, not a big place so we can identify all our clients.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.