Vietnamese Cooking Class and Hoi An Ancient Town Walking Tour
Enjoy a walk through the historic Ancient Town of Hoi An before learning to prepare several delicious Vietnamese dishes during this Hoi An combo tour! On your Ancient Town walking tour, admire the many well-preserved historic buildings that line the colorful streets of Hoi An. Then visit a local market with your guide to shop for ingredients for your meal, and begin your cooking class where you’ll learn how to make classic Vietnamese food and, of course, enjoy eating your creations. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hoi An Ancient Town entrance fee
- Local English-speaking guide
- Cooking class Items included as below
- Yellow pancake, spring roll, papaya salad with chicken
- Grilled fish with banana leaf, Aubergine in clay pot and steam rice
- Hoi An market visit
- Entry/Admission - Hoi An Ancient Town
- Entry/Admission - Hoi An Market
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Post Office, 06 Trần Hưng Đạo, Sơn Phong, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
We will meet our guide there.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hoi An Ancient Town, Hoi An 560000 Vietnam
Stroll past the many Chinese Assembly Halls, from the Cantonese Chinese Congregation with its impressive main altar, to the Hainan Chinese Congregation, which serves as a memorial to 107 merchants from Hainan Island who were mistaken for pirates and killed during the reign of Emperor Tu Duc. Stop by the Japanese Covered Bridge, which was constructed in the 1590s by the town’s Japanese community to link them with the Chinese quarters across the stream.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hoi An Market, 19 Trần Phú, Cẩm Châu, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Head to a family-run restaurant for a delightful local cooking class. The chef will run through the range of delicious dishes that you will recreate, then it’s time to hit the local market to stock up on all the fresh produce needed to create the feast. Learn how to choose the best supplies, and discover some of the less-familiar ingredients, then head back to the restaurant ready to cook.
Sit down to feast on all the delicious dishes you’ve created, and promise yourself (and us) that you'll share this culinary glory when you get home.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Post Office, 06 Trần Hưng Đạo, Sơn Phong, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress up to standard with shoulders & knee covered
- Minimum age is 6 years
- From time to time Vietnamese authorities close sites temporarily with very little if any notice which will lead to alternate arrangements being made for the tours affected at late notice.
- When booking, please use the additional request box on the checkout page to inform us of any dietary requirements (ie. vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free). Please provide as many details as possible. Note that with advanced notice, we are able to accommodate most requests. Please do not wait until the day of the tour to inform us.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Lunch menu is subject to change without prior notice.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.