Vienna Food Walk
This tour will introduce you to some of Vienna's classic dishes. The walk through Vienna's historic first district leads to various Restaurants that offer authentic Viennese cuisine. Viennese native guides will lead you through the hidden byways of the old city. On the way we will stop at various establishments for food and refreshment. Experience not only the food but also Viennese wine, beer and Schnaps. Of course every place we visit also offers non-alcoholic alternatives. Mostly we will be visiting real "Beisls" where food is hearty and plenty.
Fair warning: Viennese food tends to be on the heavy side. If you hope to lose weight while walking through the city, this tour is probably not for you.
There will be no Schnitzel. We will be happy though to point out some good places if you are interested.
The tour takes about three hours.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Pass By: Graben and Kohlmarkt, Vienna Austria
We will be walking through the tourist masses to find our first hidden gem
Pass By: Naglergasse, Vienna 1010 Austria
passing through Viennas old town we will find our way to the second appetizer
Pass By: Freyung, Vienna Austria
and on this square our second appetizer awaits
Pass By: Am Hof, Vienna Austria
walking through this square and we nearly are at main course!
Pass By: Judenplatz Holocaust Memorial, Judenplatz 8, Vienna 1010 Austria
after a big main course, we walk a bit through judenplatz to our in between snack
Pass By: Tuchlauben, 1010 Wien, Austria
this is the street that connects us to our last stop dessert
Pass By: St. Stephen's Cathedral, Stephansplatz 3, Vienna 1010 Austria
after dinner, we walk a bit and see the cathedral
Pass By: Michaelerplatz, Vienna Austria
and at michaelerplatz, we finally will have arrived at our destination. hopefully full of information and food!
• Tafelspitz with Gröstl - The most imperial dish in Viennese History. Emperor Franz Josef had it every day!
Departure Point :Fahnengasse, 1010 Wien, Austria
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.