Victoria Whale Watch Tour
See the majestic wildlife of the Pacific Ocean on a 3 hour Ocean Cruiser Whale Watching Tour starting from downtown Victoria.
The 61-foot Ocean Cruiser Marauder IV is fast, quiet, stable and comfortable. Sit inside, outside, or on the top deck with the Captain – the viewing options are all terrific! Especially unique are side decks running the whole length of the boat – lots of room to move, view and take that perfect picture. Free hot drinks and a spacious bathroom make this 84-passenger boat suitable for all ages and abilities.
Your expert naturalist guide is on board to ensure a memorable and educational experience. Sit back and enjoy our narration about wildlife and the natural history of the Vancouver Island Coast. Keep on the lookout for whales and other marine life like elephant seals, harbour seals, sea lions and marine birds!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional naturalists and biologists on board each trip
- 3 hour tour departing downtown Victoria
- Cup of hot chocolate, coffee or tea on board
What's excluded :
- Gratuity (optional)
- $3 Wildlife Conservation Fee plus 5% GST
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Juan de Fuca Marine Trail, British Columbia Canada
Head to the Victoria wharf to board your 61-foot (19-meter) motor yacht, the Marauder IV, which holds up to 84 passengers and features comfortable seating and a smooth, quiet ride. Meet your naturalist guide and head out from the harbor, cruising into the Strait of Juan de Fuca, the body of water separating Canada's Vancouver Island from the United States.
Stop At: SpringTide Whale Watching & Charters, 1119 Wharf St Beside Historic Bastion Square, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1T7 Canada
As you cruise, your guide will help you spot the variety of whales that live in these Pacific waters, including orcas, gray whales, humpback whales and minke whales. Keep your eyes open for other marine life, too, like sea lions, elephant seals, harbor seals and sea birds. You may even catch sight of a bald eagle.
During your journey, listen to your guide's informative, expert commentary about the biological and ecological features of the whales and their ocean environment. If you have any questions, ask away! And if the conditions are right, the boat's hydrophones can pick up and amplify the beautiful sounds of the orcas as they communicate with each other, giving you the amazing opportunity to hear the song of the whales.
If you get chilly, head inside the spacious heated cabin and warm up with a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. You can keep watching for whales through the windows.
Your tour ends with return to the wharf.
Departure Point :1119 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 1T4, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- Tours are subject to weather conditions and passenger demand
- If your tour is within 48 hours, please contact SpringTide (number located in voucher) to confirm your tour
- This vessel is not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that check-in office has is no secure storage for personal possessions
- Suitable footwear (flat sole, closed toe) and at least 1 extra layer of clothing recommended. Ocean air often feels 10-15 degrees cooler than experienced in the city
- Please inform SpringTIde if any child 23 months or younger is part of your group
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 84 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.