Versailles Full-Day Saver Tour: Palace, Gardens, and Estate of Marie Antoinette
Join us for a full day visit to the spectacular Chateau of Versailles, the most prestigious and famous royal palace in Europe. Walk the glittering Hall of Mirrors as Kings, Queens and courtiers used to. Explore the lavish state apartments and magnificent gardens, and learn how the glory of the Sun King shone throughout the world. Visit the beautiful gardens, once home to lavish balls and parties. Then experience Versailles as few do, and continue your tour to visit the private domain of Marie Antoinette. On this guided afternoon tour you will discover the exquisite Petit Trianon, her private mansion set in beautiful gardens. See the jewel of Versailles, the tiny theatre built specially for her, and end your visit at her picturesque Normandy village, complete with vineyard, farm and vegetable gardens. Including a visit to the hidden estate of Marie Antoinette is the only way to fully understand the history of Versailles.
per adult from
What's included :
- Full day guided tour of the Palace & Gardens of Versailles and the Domain of Marie-Antoinette including the Petit Trianon and hamlet
- Musical gardens or Fountain show: weekends & selected days April through October
- Expert, fully accredited local guides
- Ride on the Petit Train to and from the Petit Trianon
- Round-trip RER transfer from central Paris
- Three course lunch with wine (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- Entry/Admission - Le Petit Trianon
- Entry/Admission - Hameau de Marie Antoinette
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Lunch (unless option selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Meet your guide in central Paris and enjoy a short, escorted train ride to Versailles. On arrival, let them take you on a journey in the footsteps of the Kings and Queens of France. During the reign of Louis XIV - the Sun King - Versailles was the place to be and to be seen. Nowadays visitors from all over the world still come to Versailles to marvel at the splendours of this incredible palace. Our skip the line access allows you to bypass the long lines that form each day, and our friendly local guides will steer you expertly through the crowds, bringing the famous figures who once inhabited this palace back to life.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Marvel at the glittering Hall of Mirrors, and hear the stories of the Kings, Queens and courtiers who played out their lives in this sumptuous setting.
You'll learn how the Kings and Queens lived out their lavish lives in public, how they kept the gossiping courtiers under their thumb, and stole Italy’s thunder by making Versailles the artistic center of Europe. Discover a typical day in the life of Marie Antoinette; you’ll quickly understand why she hated the palace so much! Her opulent lifestyle here would ultimately lead to her tragic demise under the French Revolution; she left Versailles in 1789 never to return.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
After visiting the royal apartments inside the palace, your guide will lead you through the spectacular gardens, once the setting of balls, parties and elaborate firework displays. On fountain show days you will discover the amazing waterworks, still running today as they did in the times of Kings and Queens. Otherwise, enjoy the beautiful Musical Gardens as you explore with your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Le Petit Trianon, Porte de la Reine, 78000, Versailles France
We then invite you join us and discover the secret parts of this incredible place. After a break for lunch, spend an afternoon exploring the beautiful hidden treasures tucked away in the expansive gardens. Away from the crowds, see places that only Queens, Kings and their closest friends were allowed access to.
King Louis XVI gave a key encrusted with diamonds to his beloved wife Marie Antoinette. It opened the doors to a secret world, far removed from the public life at the palace and accessible to only a few. Follow in her footsteps, through the beautiful English style gardens, into the elegant and charming rooms of her home, furnished today as they were then. You will also peek into her tiny theater, built specially for her so she could perform on stage, to small audiences made up of friends and servants! This stunning theater is often called the hidden jewel of Versailles.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hameau de Marie Antoinette, Palacio de Versailles No Territorio Do Palacio, Ao Lado Dos Jardins, 78000, Versailles France
At Trianon Marie Antoinette lived a simple, country life. You will discover her Hamlet, a perfect replica of a Normandy village, complete with thatched cottages and vegetable gardens where, far from the elaborate rituals of the palace, she would play at being a shepherdess surrounded by farm animals.
No visit to Versailles is complete without seeing the beauty of the Petit Trianon and Marie-Antoinette's peaceful hamlet.
For the comfort of your visit we will take the 'Petit Train' to and from the Petit Trianon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1 Rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris, France
Return Detail :Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour requires a significant amount of walking. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please note that due to ongoing restoration works some rooms in the palace may be closed to visitors. Should this be the case, the guides will replace with visits to other rooms so that your experience is complete
- If Lunch option selected:
- The menu changes with the seasons and in order to offer you a different experience each time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise local operator of any allergies or dietary accommodations no later than seven days prior to travel date
- The minimum drinking age in France is 18 years. Participants under 18 will not be served wine with lunch.
- Please note that for infants aged 0-3 who are free of charge on this visit, a meal will not be provided for them at the restaurant. If you wish to purchase any food for your infant you may do so on the spot.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.