Venosa tour guide: one of the most important roman places near Matera
Venosa was an important Roman city, its importance grew mainly thanks to the Via Appia and that allowed important trade. Nowadays Venosa is remembered also because here was born Horace Flacco, author of the famous "Carpe Diem".
The guided tour will start from the Archaeological Park where you can visit the thermal baths, the domus, the SS. Trinity and the amphitheater.
After the amphitheater the visit continues with S.S. Trinity composed of Ancient Church. Behind the apse you will visit the "unfinished" church, designed to contain a larger number of faithful, started in the mid-1100s and never finished.
The tour of Venosa continues in the historic center with a visit to the 16th-century Aragonese castle Pirro del Balzo. Inside there is the national archaeological museum that contains mainly Roman finds.
The guided tour ends with the external visit of the so-called house of Horace, dating back to the II century BC
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Area Archeologica di Venosa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 85029 Venosa Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Area Archeologica di Venosa, Centro Storico, Venosa Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :L'Incompiuta, Strada Provinciale 18 Ofantina, 13, 85029 Venosa PZ, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.