Venice in Rio Boat Trip to Gigóia Island with visit to Alligators and the Beach
We are a specialized boat tourism agent in the Barra da Tijuca region known by its exotic nature including crocodiles.
Our fiberglass boat is brand new and uniquely dedicated to local tours with a distinctive quality promoting trilingual tours (English and Spanish) and going from the Marapendi Channels to the sea exit and passing by the pictoresque Gigóia island and its channels.
We also offer the option of walking through Ilha da Gigóia and indication of eating places to taste local culinary and typical gastronomy, traditionally focused on seafood (eg shrimp pastries and moqueca).
*we have other customized itineraries including trips to the sea and Tijucas Islands in the region, usually on calm days where the nature and adventure of the Planasurf boat combine in an underwater flight among the turtles (check this tour using keyword Planasurf).
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Sorted Snacks
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ilha Da Gigoia, Avenida Armando Lombardi 370, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22640-000 Brazil
After boarding near Marapendi Lagoon, our guide will navigate through the channels in an area of lush nature, full of life and interesting animals such as Capybara, Alligators and exotic birds.
We will navigate from the Marapendi Lagoon channel towards the 10 islands of Gigóia complex where we will observe the picturesque region with the opportunity to hike and visit points of interest and gastronomy. There are excellent choices of appetizers and dishes in the main island restaurants.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quebra Mar, Av. do Pepe, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22620-120 Brazil
After passing through the lagoon Islands of the Gigóia complex we will head to the Joatinga channel where you will find the exit to the sea of 5 big lagoons over the hidden Amores Beach at the shore break pier.
This place is of a unique nature as the currents renew the waters and life of the lagoon daily varying the tones from dark to ultra transparent with possible bathing accordingly to the regime of the tides.
At high tide you can swim in the beach on the sea exit where the waters can be crystal clear above beautiful sandbanks. In the low tides you can step out dry and take pictures of Barra da Tijuca beach from the shore break pier.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: R. Martinho de Mesquita, 404 - Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22620-220, Brazil
2: Jardim Oceânico Station, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, 22640-020, Brazil
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.