Venado Caves Underground Experience from La Fortuna
Going deep into the insides of the earth is possible with this tour. Underground trails will lead us through grottoes and chambers exploring a world indifferent to light.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Exploration equipment (lanterns, flashlights, mask, helmet, rubber boots)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Photo package
What's excluded :
Tour begin from la fortuna to The Venado Caves are approximately 35km east of the town with the same name and about 45 minutes away from La Fortuna, San Carlos.
You can head deep into the bowels of the earth on this amazing expedition. Underground trails and passages will take us through several different caves to explore a world indifferent to the light.
With lanterns to illuminate our way, as well as the necessary gear, we will enter this labyrinth of ancient underground rivers and sea beds, now exposed after millions of years. We will visit formations such as"the papaya"," the coral "," the altar ", and "the birthing canal", as well as stalactite and stalagmite rock formations that are common inside the caves, some of which hang from the rocky ceiling and others emerge from the ground. Large colonies of bats inhabit the caverns, as well as frogs and crabs.
At the end of the tour you can enjoy a delicious snack of fresh fruit.
This is a truly unique experience in Costa Rica. Get Ready to get wet and dirty and discover this incredible underground world!
• Venado Caves, Arenal Volcano National Park Costa Rica
Departure Point :Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, Diagonal 301, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact Ecoterra Costa Rica at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 8 years
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.