Venado Caves From Arenal
Our naturalist guide will start with a brief history of the caves and then go into the depths of this incredible journey.
The caves were formed during the Miocene period, 15 or 20 million years ago. For many years they were under sea level and due to tectonic movements they surfaced.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Tour Guide
- Transportation From Hotels in La Fortuna |Arenal
- Tour operate with a minimum of 2 Travellers.
- Entry/Admission - Venado Caves
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Venado Caves, Arenal Volcano National Park Costa Rica
The Guatuzos aborigines discovered the caves. Limestone rocks, stalactites, stalagmites and corals, form most of the caves. The whimsical stone formations are formed by the underground river. The length of the tour into the caves is 1 ½ hour, during this time we will find marine fossils, and also bats, spiders and crickets.
Because we will have to walk through the river and waterfalls from the upper part of the cave, we recommend our customers to take light clothes, hiking shoes and extra clothes to be able to change when they finish the exploration of the caves. The equipment for the tour will be provided to each client.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation From Hotels in Arenal Zone 1
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not pick up from: Tilajari- Bosque Chachagua -Arenal Vista -Arenal Observatorio -La mansión Inn
- What to bring: long pants, t-shirt, hiking shoes, extra clothes to change and towel.
- Maximum Weight: 250 Pounds
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid-19 risk assessment of the activity completed (routes, visit of sights, possible crowds, number of people in the group, reduced services).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.