Vatnshellir Cave Tour
We offer 45 minute guided tours to Vatnshellir cave. It is one of the most easily accessible cave in Iceland. The cave itself is an 8000 year old lava tube created by volcanic eruption from a nearby crater in the Purkhólar crater family. As the lava rushed down the hill in a lava river it began to cool on the surface, creating a crust on top of the lava river. As the eruption stopped, all the lava from underneath this crust continued to drain out. That eventually left behind empty tube with roof on top that gradually cooled down.
per adult from
What's included :
- Helmet and flashlight
What's excluded :
We offer 45 minute guided tours to Vatnshellir cave. It is one of the most easily accessible cave in Iceland, however you need to be reasonably fit to participate. We meet at the cave location where you will meet our guides and they give you a helmet and a flashlight. Then you will go with a group of people and our guide to the cave and our guide will tell you the story about the cave and the surroundings of the cave.
Departure Point :Vatnshellir Cave, Road 574, 356 Snæfellsbær, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.