Vatican Tour with Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel St Peter Basilica & Fast-Access
See the famous sights of the Vatican City with this fantastic half-day tour, accompanied by an expert guide. You will not waste time in lengthy queues. You'll witness the highlights of the Vatican's extraordinary collection of Ancient Roman and Greek statues, Raphael's Rooms, the Galleries of Tapestries and Maps, the Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter's Basilica and Square.
This tour will show you the greatest works of art and architecture in the Vatican. You will be met by your guides at the Vatican Museums and skip the queues with your reserved tickets.
per adult from
What's included :
- skip the line tickets
- local guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The first steps on the tour will be an array of ancient Roman and Greek sculptures from the excavations across Rome. The Vatican will be held at the archaeological discoveries when the Popes ruled Central Italy. This part of the tour will include the Apollo, the Torso, the busts of Claudius and Hadrian and the sarcophagi of Helen and Constance, the mother and daughter of Emperor Constantine.
Next you'll enter the Room of Animals followed by the Gallery of the Candelabra where you can view the inspiring statues of Diana of Ephesus, the Muses and many Greek philosophers.
After the Gallery of the Candelabra, you'll see the Gallery of Tapestries, the Sobieski Hall and Raphael's Rooms. The latter were decorated by Raphael for Pope Julius II, who used the rooms as his private apartments. These rooms are home to two of Raphael's greatest works: the Parnassus and the School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Italy's most visited attraction, is the Sistine Chapel. Michelangelo's frescoes - The Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis - and details on the Stories of Moses and Jesus painted by Botticelli, Perugino and other masters of the Renaissance. The Sistine Chapel is still used today, most notably for papal elections. From your guide you'll hear fascinating anecdotes and little-known facts about this renowned place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After the Sistine Chapel, you will see Saint Peter's Basilica - the most significant Catholic church in the world - home to another masterpiece by Michelangelo; La Pietà, in addition to viewing the tombs of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II.
The tour will end in Saint Peter's Square, where you can view Bernini's statues and the famous chimney which announces the election of a new Pope. Say goodbye to your guide, say goodbye, leaving you to enjoy the square under your own steam. A wonderful end to a tour of the Vatican!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: it can happen that some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice, especially the Sistine Chapel and / or the Basilica of St Peter. In case of such events we do NOT refund NOR reschedule the tour, our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.